Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Into every life a little rain must fall


I sit on a comfortable couch and see the clouds floating. Black clouds covering the clear blue sky behind. Every few seconds the lightening strikes. Before the scenic splendour, I am witnessing right now, it had been raining cats and dogs. Nothing can be more refreshing and rejuvenating than this (ok, maybe the exotic massage at the spa).

After staying in the hustling and bustling city, it is difficult to connect with yourself, as you get so lost and consumed in the crowd. This was the best escape for me from the usual monotonous routine I undertake every single day.

The cool breeze just blew strands of hair away from my face. It’s so calm and gentle. The trees stand tall in front of me, swaying from side to side. As I got caught up in putting my thoughts on to the paper, I suddenly looked up at the heavens above and saw the most splendid scenery.

The clouds transpired into the shades of pink, blue and grey and the black blanket faded. I just wondered that how the sea and the beach would would appear at this point of time with high tides, the waves gushing the shore. Its been time now and the rains have stopped, the mesmerising fragrance of the mud brings back the old memories of the childhood and consequently, it brings a smile on my face.

Nothing more to add, I wish that smile always remains (self obsessed) irrespective of the predicaments it offers. And as a wise man once said, smiling is infectious, thus, it spreads from one person to the other. For everyone, who reads this, keep smiling and appreciate the little things of life. It makes us feel lucky and special of what we have and helps us honour the privilege we have been bestowed upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment